Friday, July 23, 2010

The 3rd Day of ABT DSI

Today we stayed at Wayne State (as opposed to going to the Opera House). First I had technique and pointe with the director of the program, Elaine. Elaine talked for about a third of the technique class about skeletal alignment and then we did fairly simple combinations, but she still managed to throw some stupid but funny jokes in. After a very long barre we did some barre on pointe and then center in pointe. After lunch, we had choreography with Elaine again in which we learned about four eight counts of a dance with only curtsying. "Step, step, curtsy, curtsy, step, curtsy...." Then we had modern which was really fun where the teacher went through all of the complicated combinations extremely quickly and then expected us to be able to do them, but seemed like the nicest teacher on Earth and I could never imagine him yelling at anyone. Okay, now I am going to get ready for bed, so goodbye all who are reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment