Friday, July 23, 2010

The 4th and 5th Days of ABT

Yesterday my classes were technique and pointe in the morning, as always, and then I had choreography and pilates. For technique we had an insane but fun Cuban teacher named Mr. Molino. He went on these random rants that he thought to have a purpose, but I'm not sure that they did, but he was still really funny and did have a lot of good points. He was also kind of strict but his character of a personality made the class really fun. Also for this class we were in a studio with no mirrors. It was weird, but not that bad. Then we had a fine teacher for pointe class, and in choreography we learned more than just curtsying in our dance. (Yay!) Pilates was okay, not great, but still I learned some new exercises. The worst thing about yesterday was the night rehearsal for our repertoire. The only reason why we had it was because the placement class day took away from the three rehearsals we need for repertoire a week. So after dinner, we had to go back to the studio for an hour and a half where hardly anyone was paying attention and most everyone was complaining the whole time even though it really wasn't that hard....

Today I had technique class with the director of the program and then pas de deux class. I was really excited for this because I really do enjoy partnering and all of the other levels said it was really fun, but since a lot of other people hadn't ever done partnering the class moved really slowly and the most turns we were allowed to do was one. After lunch I had repertoire and choreography which both went pretty well since we learned a fair amount in each of our dances. Tonight, Erin and I went over to our friends, Abbey and Courtney's room, and had a dance party! We blasted old-school music, ABBA, Weird Al, and danced around the room like lunatics in a very exciting manner. Then we joined basically our whole floor of people playing a very intense and enjoyable game of Catchphrase. Lots of fun is being had here as whoever is reading this can probably tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment