Friday, July 23, 2010

The First Days of ABT DSI...

Sunday Erin and I had our orientation and we moved our stuff in, and yesterday we had the placement classes. Erin's was in the morning because her last name is in the first half of the alphabet and mine was after lunch. Then we just got our level assignments and I'm yellow (the lowest level) and Erin's blue (the second lowest), out of four levels. Today we went to the Detroit Opera House for all of our classes. I had technique in the morning, then pointe, then character, then repertoire. The technique was fun and the teacher was really good, and I felt as though I was about the same level as everyone else in the class, but I could've done harder stuff... However, I really enjoyed the class because of the new combinations and and really good teacher. Then pointe was easier but still fun and something different than normal because of the new corrections as before. Character was nothing that I expected it to be, and though I didn't know what was going on half the time it was still enjoyable and most everyone was with me with the confusion. Plus, the teacher's multi-colored polka-dotted skirt brightened up the classroom, but her accent was hard to understand. Repertory afterwards was okay. We're doing something from Raymonda (or whatever it's called) in character shoes. We didn't do that much today except for basically the pattern walking on. There is a solo, but since it's a girl and a guy and there's only one guy who is really short, the shortest girl got it. Overall though, these past few days have been really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment